Since getting pregnant I have read a ton (and I mean a TON) of different articles and blog posts off of Pinterest about pregnancy etc. I read a few where women swore by having music playing while they were in labor and it helped them stay calm and get through the contractions or also got them pumped up when it came time to push. I have mixed feelings about having music playing only because I am afraid it will make me not like whatever songs that were playing anymore haha! I know myself and I tend to attach my feelings to different things so if I am in terrible pain whatever song is playing I’m afraid that at a later time when I hear it, it will make me nauseous or whatever. I don’t know, I’m weird I guess.
Anyways, I decided to make a playlist anyways. Actually I made two; a calming one and a more upbeat one.
So, here is my Labor and Delivery *Calming* Playlist.
1. “I Won’t Give Up”- Jason Mraz
2. “Bless the Broken Road”- Rascal Flatts
3. “To Love Somebody”- Michael Buble
4. “I Melt”- Rascal Flatts
5. “Gravity” – John Mayer
6. “Glitter in the Air”- Pink
7. “Lullaby”- Dixie Chicks
8. “All of Me”- John Legend
9. “My Wish”- Rascal Flatts
10. “Close Your Eyes”- Michael Buble
11. “Push”- Matchbox Twenty
12. “Daughters”- John Mayer
13. “Thinking Out Loud”- Ed Sheehan
14. “A While New World” (the instrumental version)
15. “Free Fallin'” – John Mayer
Total Time is 1 hour and 3 minutes
Labor and Delivery *UPBEAT* Playlist
1. “Run the World (Girls)” – Beyonce
2. “Get it on the Floor”- DMX
3. “Don’t let me Get me”- Pink
4. “Fighter” Christina Aguilera”
5. “Turn Down for What”- DJ Snake/Lil John
6. “Get the Party Started”- Pink
7. “Party Up (Up in here)”- DMX
8.”All I do is Win”- DJ Khaled
9. “Crawling”- Linkin Park
10. “So What”- Pink
Total Time is 39 minutes
Who knows if I will actually listen to them while in the hospital or not but I will have them if I need them. Better to be prepared and have it then to be wishing I had music when Im in pain I guess!
Do you have any song suggestions for either of my playlists? Comment below, I’d love to add more songs!
Thanks for reading,