Ever since becoming pregnant all I see on Pinterest is baby, pregnancy, and stuff like that pop up on feed under “recommended for you”. There have been a bunch of articles and and blog posts about “What people don’t tell you about being pregnant” and yeah they were helpful and most of them I actually knew about before becoming pregnant but they forget about the little things. So here I go, writing my list of Things I miss about NOT being pregnant…not that I don’t like being pregnant but I wouldn’t say that I am one of those women who LOVE it. Im excited for the end result but not super stoked about the 9 (actually 10 month) process…. Here we go, raw..unfiltered and plain honest..
- I miss sleeping on my back and my stomach. At the beginning its fine but once that belly starts to pop you can’t sleep on your stomach and you back becomes a no-no. Now, I’m no doctor but I have read and been told something along the lines of there is a main artery that delivers blood to the baby that when you sleep on your back something presses up against the artery which cuts off blood to the baby- can’t be good. So ya, I miss being able to sleep on my back and stomach.
- I miss not being sick all the time. I know most women kick the morning sickness after around 15 weeks but unfortunately for me it’s not gone. I’m currently 22 (almost 23) weeks and its still here. Totally crappy. I almost forgot what it feels like to be not sick…
- I miss doing Zumba multiple times a week. Before getting pregnant I dreamed of being one of those women who worked out all the time during their pregnancy but sadly, not happening. As stated in #2 above…I am so sick all the time that working up a sweat and breathing heavy makes me throw up so Zumba is sadly out of the question but hubby, the dogs and I do go on long walks so I guess thats better then nothing.
- I miss my clothes. Right before I got pregnant I went on a small shopping spree and stocked up on Summer skirts, dresses, cute tops and other misc. Summertime outfits aaaaaaand then I got pregnant. So, sadly all those new clothes I packed up and will hopefully fit into them next Summer!
- I miss not being swollen all the time. My hands and feet swell up like crazy because of the heat and if i walk around to much. Not only do they swell up but they ache super bad. Icing them helps but I don’t always have ice, water and a bowl to dip my hands in. Along with my hands swelling brings me to #6
- I miss wearing my wedding ring. My hands swelled up so much my ring no longer fits me. It won’t even go over my first knuckle! wow!
- I miss not having to go pee every 15 minutes. Seriously, I go all the time its annoying! Every night I get up about 4-6 times to go pee…good bye sleep and hello bathroom!
- I miss not having PTSD from my horrible “pregnancy dreams”. I have never had such freaky scary dreams in my entire life and now every night is a struggle for me to fall asleep because of the fear of having more nightmares….thanks a lot pregnancy hormones!
Now I know there are a few of you who will read this and take it totally wrong and think all I am doing is complaining (don’t get your panties all in a bunch, take a chill pill) these are just the things I miss… but, It is what it is!
I am so excited about our next chapter that will be beginning in a few months and all of the above things I miss will soon (hopefully) be back to normal and we will have a beautiful baby girl in our lives!
Thanks for reading! Any mommies out there? What things did you miss while you were pregnant? Comment below! ❤