I recently came to realize that I have a strong love for cooking and baking! I do it all the time and I love cooking food from scratch but I never really realized that I love it, it was always just something I did almost daily! I started watching the food network even more so then before and came across an episode all about cooking with a slow cooker and was instantly hooked! My crock pot is my absolute favorite tool in the kitchen, I use it all the time so this episode had me super exited! Here is a recipe I learned on the show but I tweaked it a little to make it more my own….
Braised Beef Tacos
1 large can of chopped tomatoes
2 table spoons of garlic (or more it you love garlic like I do)
2 pounds of top round steak
1 large onion
salt, pepper, 1 table spoon chili powder
1 bundle cilantro
1 can of beef broth (regular size can)
1. chop your onions into cubes and lay them in the bottom of your slow cooker
2. rinse your bundle of cilantro and lay the STEMS on top of your onions. Do not chop up the stems leave them whole .
3. salt and pepper your steak then in a hot pan with a little bit of canola oil brown your meat for about a min or two on each side.
4. lay your meat in the slow cooker on top of your bed of onions and cilantro. Add your 2 tablespoons of garlic on top of your steak, sprinkle your 1 table spoon of chili powder on top, dump in your beef broth, and dump your tomatoes (with liquid) all around your steak.
5. Cook in slow cooker for 6 hours- Set it and forget it!
When the 6 hours are up you will have delicious steak ready to be shred for yummy tacos! We used corn tortillas, laid the steak down, topped with my husbands homemade salsa, our homemade guacamole, and a tad bit of sour cream! Delicious!
Did you try the recipe? Comment below with how it turned out and if you made any personal changes! I would love to hear!
Thanks for reading!